Based on the patient’s circumstances, hospice care is paid for by
- Medicare Part A hospice benefits
- Medicaid hospice benefits
- Many private insurance companies
These payers require several conditions be met for a patient to qualify for hospice benefits.
- The patient has been certified by a physician to have a life expectancy of 6 months or less if the disease process continues as expected.
- Sta-Home is certified for participation in both Medicare and Medicaid programs..
Sta-Home provides hospice services with a team of doctors, nurses, social workers, counselors, certified nursing assistants, clergy, therapists, and volunteers who are dedicated to focus on the quality of life of each patient. Each of these hospice team members provide assistance based on his or her area of expertise. Hospice benefits will also help provide some medications, supplies, equipment, and additional helpers in the home, if and when needed.